Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Plot Roach is Born!

Just what is a Plot Roach?
Well… You’re heard of “plot bunnies” right? Cute little ideas that pop into your mind, just so neat that you HAVE to write about them. All warm and fuzzy and full of hope….
A “plot roach” is the nasty thought or memory that creeps into your mind, and will not go away. It’s that song that you can’t stop humming. The mental image of catching a family member in a compromising situation that no amount of mental bleach can wash out. Oh, yeah, and that dark thought that wakes you in the middle of the night with the question: WHAT IF?
Cute and fuzzy bunnies always get the “Oh how cute!” and the pat on the head. Roaches are resigned to live in darkness and thrive on the crap that no one else will touch. If it wasn’t for me, my friend, you would drown in the pellets left behind by that miscreant vermin you call a cuddly pet.
I know your fears. I know your weaknesses. I know what you think in the middle of the night. I’m the one who put them there.
Sleep tight, and pray I don’t bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment